Classic cars have special places in the hearts of their owners. They only want the best for these vehicles. One of the hurdles a classic car owner faces is finding someone to trust for classic car repair. Searching for “classic car repair near me” doesn’t necessarily help you find the best. Some shops may advertise classic cars, but their idea of a classic isn’t the same as yours – some shops won’t work on cars over 10 years old.
And sometimes, you don’t have the special tools or knowledge to make certain repairs – or you want a trusted professional to make the repairs for safety reasons. Bock Auto in Amagansett NY works on classic cars of any age, including Euro cars.
DIY Classic Car Repair
Many people prefer to work on classic cars, but they can pose as much trouble as a new car. Some classics, especially Euro cars, require special tools. Some have complex engines that have specific procedures and tolerances. If you don’t follow them, you could cause extensive damage to the engine or vehicle. What you thought would save you money will end up costing more than if you had a professional make the initial repair.
Safety Considerations When Working on a Classic Car
Other than potentially causing more damage to your classic car, you could compromise your safety by working on your classic car. If you install parts wrong or don’t realize the new part you ordered is bad or for another model, you could damage the vehicle.
You could also compromise your safety if you don’t have the proper tools and equipment to work on the vehicle. For example, you need the proper jacks and jack stands to work on your classic’s brakes. You shouldn’t use the jack that came with the vehicle, as it was not designed to hold the vehicle up for extended periods of time.
Working with Professionals to Repair Your Classic Car
When you bring your classic car to the professionals at Bock Auto for classic car maintenance and repair, you can rest assured that we have the tools and equipment required to safely repair anything on your classic without damaging the vehicle. Our auto technicians also have the experience required to work on these older cars, including knowing where to find most parts, even for those vehicles over 10 years old.
Maintenance for Classic Cars
Keeping up with maintenance on classic cars is just as important as keeping up with the maintenance on your newer vehicle. The maintenance we provide for classic cars includes:
- Oil changes
- Transmission fluid flush and filter replacement
- Coolant flush
- Replace brake fluid and power steering fluid
- Extended tune-ups for those vehicles that still use older ignition systems
- Fuel filter replacement
- Engine air filter replacement
- Cabin air filter replacement, if applicable
- Check the belts and hoses and replace them as necessary
- Tire balancing and rotation
Classic Car Repair at Bock Auto in Amagansett NY
Whether you drive your classic car frequently or use it for special occasions, it will need repairs. Bock Auto provides all types of repairs, including:
- Brake repair, including master cylinders, vacuum boosters, pads, calipers, rotors, shoes, wheel cylinders, and drums
- Steering and suspension repair, including CV axles, tie rods, shocks, struts and springs
- Engine repair, including valve cover gasket leaks, front seal leaks, oil pan gasket leaks, and internal engine component repairs such as valve seals, piston rings, camshafts and camshaft bearings, rods, rod bearings and main bearings (engine rebuild)
- Starting and charging repairs, including batteries, starters, alternators and generators
- Coolant system repairs, including radiators, water pumps and thermostats
- Transmission repairs
- Fuel system repairs, including manual and electric fuel pumps, carburetors, and fuel injectors
- Heating and cooling repairs, including heater cores, heater hoses, compressors, condensers, driers and accumulators, orifice tubes and expansion blocks, compressor clutches and evaporator cores
- Ignition system repairs, including ignition switches, key switches, plugs, wires, distributors and coils
- Timing chains and timing belts
Contact Bock Auto for Classic Car Repair
Whether you need maintenance or repairs for your classic car, contact Bock Auto at (631) 267-5631 for an appointment. We are conveniently located at 541 Montauk Highway, Amagansett, NY 11930.